Trying out the best profitable side hustles in Kenya is a big way to achieve financial freedom. However, my goal has been to make more money all through. Do you know why? Well, continue reading, and by the end of this article, you will have the answer to that.
There is no secret to keep about how graduates have been frustrated in the job market. The majority of graduates have never managed to get employed, and the other percentage is in low-paying jobs. I have been a victim of this some years back, but I managed to get out of it anyway.
There is nothing bad like having more expenses than income. Have you ever got in a situation whereby it’s the end of the month, and you have nothing by date 5? Do not worry anymore because I got your back in this. What I need from you is full concentration, and you will never regret it again.
It has been my song to have multiple streams of income to be financially stable. This is why it’s important to have the best profitable side hustles in Kenya.
But wait, let’s have a look at this;
The benefits of having the best profitable side hustles in Kenya
- Once you have side hustles, you will start your journey towards the ultimate financial freedom. Millions of people go to work to put something on the table for their loved ones. Having side hustles makes this more possible in these crushed economic times.
- Having side hustles gets you out of unnecessary debts. Can you imagine having less money and a lot of debts? Yes, it happens. If you can get all that you want without borrowing, then why on earth should you borrow? Side hustles help you to get out of debts by increasing your income.
- In case you lose your job, you are sorted. Side hustles can take care of your basic needs if you happen to lose your employment. This is one reason why I told you why you should never depend on your paycheck alone.
- Having side hustles is a good way of stepping out of your comfort zone. I usually say that the comfort zone has nothing good to offer. There is no growth here!
- More money equals less stress. Don’t lie to me on this? How do you feel when you have a lot of money? How can you compare it to the times you are broke? Give your answer in the comment section.
I’m sure you want to experience the above-mentioned benefits, now let’s go straight to the profitable side hustles in Kenya. I always come with good intentions; I’m really determined to help you become financially stable.
Side hustles are not similar to passive income jobs. Having side hustles is a way of creating multiple streams of income to complement your salary check. Not all side hustles are passive, some need more concentration for them to work well.Cecilia M. 2021
Let’s say I’m starting with this because it’s what I’m doing right now. Hehe. Information is power, and that’s why there have to be informants.
Writing has become a goldmine in the current time. This is because selling online is growing day by day. A lot of people are searching for product and service information on Google. This translates to the demand for written information all over the internet.
A lot of companies are currently searching for writers who can write business and product articles. There is no doubt of growth in this online writing. So try it today and start making money from the comfort of your home. In addition, this side hustle is also suitable for university students in Kenya. I know how it sounds like being a Kenyan student.
However, you can try out this lucrative side hustle during your free time and you will see yourself making money as a student. Some students in Kenya have even ventured into academic writing which is helping out students from abroad. therefore, that’s another opportunity too.
Again, there are so many writing platforms that I talked about in making money online. You can write to get paid at the rates that are suitable for you. The screenshot below shows my profile on Upwork; I was able to earn more than $100( Ksh. 10,000+) in one week.
You have to be ready to get trained so that you can deliver high-quality articles to your clients. Delivering poor quality lands you on hard rock with a terrible review from the clients. However, once you are determined, you can do anything in the world. It would be best if you had that unending inner desire to prosper.
2. Small business is one of the best profitable side hustles in Kenya
A small business can be one of the best side hustle ideas in Kenya. All you need is to do a business that you are passionate about. You can research the best location to establish a small business before you make the decision. A good location depends on the kind of business you want to do. Again, starting a business in a good business location determines the level of success.
Research shows that a big percentage of businesses collapse after one year of establishment. It would be best if you did not fall victim to that. However, do not give up no matter what happens.
Examples of small businesses that can be profitable side hustles in Kenya
- Mali mali shop. Mali mali business involves the selling of household items which are commonly plastics and utensils. These kinds of businesses are common in the Kamukunji area in Nairobi Kenya. This is also a place where you can get the items wholesale. Mali mali business has so good returns in the long run.
- Retail/ wholesale shop. You can establish a shop in a more populated area and you will be able to sell more. Every household in Kenya uses Sugar, tea, rice, flour, cooking oil, and other items. This means that you will be able to sell no matter how the economy is. I repeat this; target more populated areas to have positive results.
- Selling second-hand clothes and shoes. This is a business that many people despise without knowing that it feeds thousands of families in Kenya. When I was employed, I had a strong desire of creating another source of income. So I paid a visit to the Gikomba market in Nairobi very early in the morning and picked second-hand shoes for sale. Could you imagine that I got smart shoes at Ksh.50 and resold them at Ksh.300? Hehe, it’s called business, we’re are in to get profits.
- Salon and Barbershop. There is no day that these services will be irrelevant in society. The demand for salon and barbershop services grows day by day.
- Selling agrochemicals. establishing an agrovet is another way to have a good side hustle. The more people are venturing into agriculture, the more the agribusiness sector is growing.
There are much more small businesses that you can try out and still have some reasonable profits each month.
3. Set up an online store
Online selling is constantly increasing at an astonishing rate. This is due to the increased consumption of internet materials. As a result, you can establish an online store and start earning.
For instance, Let’s say you want to know the trending fashion of clothes, shoes, or even bags. The first action that digital people take is to check it on websites and social media. The majority of people end up buying online after they get their preferences.
This shows how close we are to establishing online businesses. People are already tired of moving to physical stores. That’s why they will follow genuine links to buy products on online platforms like Amazon and Jumia.
I don’t mean to discourage you, but this may take time before you start making a significant amount of income. All you need is daily improvement and persistence. Be persistent in marketing through social media and paid advertisements.
You can learn how to create an online store here.
Farming is another profitable side hustle in Kenya that has great returns if done perfectly. Imagine that agricultural products will never be out of the market. There is no technology or anything that can replace food. What has changed is only the means of getting the products up to standard quality.
When Covid-19 was at its peak, a lot of people lost their jobs due to reduced movements. However, during this time majority of the people ventured into poultry, livestock, and vegetable farming.
You can do poultry farming anywhere. Regardless you have land or not. You can start by acquiring a small cage that can accommodate the least number you can be willing to start. Again, ensure that you get quality breeds for the best results.
Farming has good returns, especially if done in peak seasons. You can learn more about how to venture into farming.
5. Blogging is another profitable side hustle in Kenya
Blogging is one of the side hustles that you can comfortably do in your home. You are your boss in blogging, and you plan your time and everything that you should do. First, you need to know the basics, and then you will be set.
Blogging needs you to be determined on what you are doing to get the best results out of it. Therefore, put a daily effort towards your goal, and soon enough, you will reap the fruits.
You need to have good quality content for you to start monetizing your blog. Get an affordable hosting company, and you will never regret it a bit. Here is a full guide that I have written about starting a blog. You will get a step-by-step guide on what to do and when to do it.
6. Affiliate marketing
Again you can choose to do affiliate marketing as one of your side hustles. If done more persistently, affiliate marketing can produce more income than you can imagine.
With the continuous increase of new companies and products, affiliate marketing has got the future market. But, remember, we are venturing on side hustles that have long-term existence. Consider affiliate marketing as one of them.
When an individual purchases a product through your link, you are entitled to earn a certain percentage of the price they pay. And that’s how affiliate marketing works.
The beauty of affiliate marketing is that you can start doing it now. What you need to do is to register an account on Amazon or Jumia. It won’t even take 10 minutes to do that.
The next thing you will need to do is get tracked product links and share them on your social media platforms.
In affiliate marketing, you are given a blank cheque to write any amount you want. Therefore, the more intense you are marketing your links, the more it becomes possible for you to earn.
7. A YouTube channel can be a game changer as a side hustle in Kenya
Making money on YouTube has become a very reproductive side hustle for many people. However, you can earn money on YouTube as long as you have attractive, educative, and unique content.
Creating a YouTube channel is very simple, and anyone can do it. So, all you need is an active email address, and you are set to go. Get more guidelines here.
Think about what you like most and then imagine yourself earning money from it. Your passion can be cooking, exercising, motivating others, singing, acting, comedy, etc. Why don’t you try this today? Take a video of you doing what you are passionate about and post it on YouTube.
Keep on doing it until you attain all the requirements to monetize your channel. For you to succeed in Youtube, make sure your content is unique.
8. Real Estate is another profitable side hustle in Kenya
Lest I forget! Due to the ever-growing population, real estate development is growing to a very creative side hustle in Kenya. However, to venture into this kind of business, you must have a huge amount of money. If you decide on venturing into this business, it will be good to take a real estate expert not to be cornered.
A real estate business is a stable way that can help you gain financial freedom faster. Therefore if you have money, you should consider this side hustle idea in Kenya.
The Bottom Line
Getting multiple income streams is the only way to gain ultimate financial freedom. Would you mind going back to the top and choosing the side hustles that work best for you?
Put unending effort into what you choose. I really wish you the best as you purpose to change your financial status for the better.
The success or failure of your future is determined by what you do today. Take action NOW!